MGEA was formed in 1993 by geothermal contractors, manufacturers, distributors, and electric utilities to promote high quality geothermal energy systems that meet the comfort, efficiency, and environmental needs of customers.
Over the years, the volunteer help of board and committee members has given MGEA a strong base for future growth, and has enabled the Association to put its resources into the development of marketing programs and member services. Here's what you get as a member:
- Earthcomfort.com, MGEA's informative site for consumers, offers greater exposure for your business. Links and special promotions will bring consumers to earthcomfort.com and to your site, too. Earthcomfort.com is a top search engine result for 'geothermal contractors' and 'Michigan geothermal.'
- Aggressive marketing of geothermal benefits and earthcomfort.com to consumers through utility publications and radio home improvement programs.
- Targeted marketing of special promotions, like the current $500 discount coupon offer, leads customers directly to your website.
- Distinctive MGEA logo, a recognizable rallying point for members, identifies you as a superior contractor.
- Government watchdog in Michigan in all matters concerning your geothermal business. As a member of the national Geothermal Exchange Organization, MGEA connects to the national geothermal scene, too. The monthly GEO newsletter is sent to all members electronically.
- Michigan Geothermal Spring Meeting, the premier gathering of geothermal professionals in Michigan.
- Member recognition, via earthcomfort.com, used by electric utilities and MGEA to provide dealer options to prospective customers.
- Geothermal Installation Training Program, a first for a state association and developed by MGEA in concert with the HVACR Department of Ferris State University, is now available through ACCA. The program trains and certifies technicians on the equipment side of the system.
- Special member rates for all Association events and products.
- Objective online consumer assistance for prospective customer questions and concerns.
- How to Choose a Quality Geothermal Contractor, MGEA's brochure, available for printing online, guides homeowners through the task of finding the right contractor for them.
- Your bottom line: Your Association promotes the industry and puts leads in your pocket, which, in turn, builds your business.
Interested in joining? Fill out a Membership Application Inquiry.